Droplet - End of Day 3
- Plants have a limited number of generations, so they don't start to slow everything down.
- Plant colors, branch length, and various other attributes are randomized per plant for more variety.
- You can rustle the plants by moving your mouse cursor around them. This makes them wave back and forth for a while, and will eventually make them “sing” louder.
- I made a custom method for drawing branches, which is a bit faster than
draw_line_s, and anti-aliased, but not as roundy at the ends.
- The algorithm for calculating how much you rustled a plant is a bit dodgy.
- Still no sound. I'm definitely adding that tomorrow, though. I've got a few chime sound loops prepared, and I'll make some wind/pad loops too.
- I decided not to use Garage Band due to time constraints and because I wasn't sure about licensing (since I'd just be making short samples). I'm using some nice chimes and pads from freesound.org instead.
- I need to a title and instructions and credits in the side bar.
- Maybe add a way to kill plants that you don't want anymore?
All in all, though, it's coming together well. 16 hours left.
Comments are closed.