Droplet - End of Day 2
A quickie progress update and screenshot of my RubyWeekend game, Droplet.
- You can click to make a new plant at the nearest point on the circle.
- The plants grow a bit when you press spacebar.
- The plants grow and create new branches based on rules.
- The plants are ignoring their color rules.
- The plants are “leaning”.
- The plants are jaggy and slow to draw (when complex). I'll probably have to stop using Gamebox's “thick line” method (draw_line_s), and either use regular lines (maybe antialiased) or roll my own code to draw branches. OpenGL would be really nice right now…
- The plant rules are a bit simplistic and rigid.
- No sound yet.
The contest period is nearly half over (39:30 hours left as of this writing). I'm going to try to fix the color and leaning issues, then head to bed. The focus tomorrow will be on sound/music.
Update 03:52: Fixed the color and leaning issues. Both were just stupid little mistakes. Here's an updated screenshot: